Happy vs Miserable

I bought 14,000 Things to Be Happy About many years ago. When my grandmother died, it was the first time I had been so affected by death and just couldn't imagine being happy again.
So, when I saw this book, I grabbed it and became charmed by it.
It lists simple things like:


  • reading the newspaper
  • childhood friendships
  • Easter eggs
  • mint
etc...

I've kept it all these years and would browse through it now and then.

This year, at TLA, I went by a booth and discovered this book:
I cracked up! It's been years since I "needed" the other book and I've survived countless other tragedies so the fact that there is a whole book of things to be miserable about is hilarious.
For example:
  • Performance-enhancing drugs
  • Catholic guilt
  • Glowing red rodent eyes
  • Farmer's tans
etc...

I can't wait to use both of these books with my teen journaling kids. Because nothing is more miserable than being a teen!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Reading Challenges

My Library Thing